Anker PowerPort Solar Lite
The Anker PowerPort Solar Lite is just 18 by 11 inches when deployed and unfolded and its 11-by-6-inch dimensions when stowed are no bigger than a tablet. At just 12.5 ounces, it’s also very light and very efficient at giving a steady charge even when faced with the odd cloud or two.
Solar Chargers like the Anker PowerPort Solar Lite are aimed at people who intend to be off grid for perhaps a week or more. Larger USB Battery packs can now keep a smartphone charged every night for up to a week and are very small / portable. The ideal situation would be to have both a solar charger and a USB Battery pack (that you could recharge with the Solar Charger).
But if you’ll be off grid for more than a week and you can’t be sure of your power needs, or you want something to tuck into your emergency kit, a solar charger could refill a small battery pack in a day or directly charge a smartphone in two to three hours.
There is nothing new or outstanding about the build of the Anker PowerPort Solar Lite ! It feals similar to most of the other Solar chargers currently on the Market. As with most solar chargers it has solar panels sewn to a woven-nylon backing with any wires hidden between the layers and charging connections in a pocket at the end.
Riveted holes or around the edges to help you hang or mount the unit when deployed.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Fast Charging Technology: PowerIQ delivers the fastest possible charge up to 2.1 amps under direct sunlight. 15 watt SunPower solar array is 21.5-23.5% efficient, providing enough power to charge two devices simultaneously.
- Incredibly Durable: Industrial-strength PET polymer faced solar panels sewn into rugged polyester canvas offer weather-resistant outdoor durability.
- Highly Portable: Compact size (11 × 6.3in folded or 18.1 × 11in opened) and elastic loops on each corner allow easy attachment to backpacks, trees, or tents. Super lightweight (12.5 oz) and ultra-thin design (0.7in folded or 0.2in opened) make it ideal for long treks.
- What You Get: Anker PowerPort Solar Lite (15W 2-Port USB Solar Charger), 3ft Micro USB cable, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Wrapping it up
If you’ll be off the grid for more than a couple of days and a USB battery pack won’t keep your gadgets charged, the Anker PowerPort Solar Lite is the way to go for easy and reliable power at a good price. Paired with a good USB Powerbank and you’ll be set for all of your off grid USB charging needs indefinitely.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.